Welcome to Painted Flower Farm, Inc.
Home of TexasTuff Perennials
The Chairman of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Kathleen Hartnett White, recently recommended planting "our beautiful Texas native plants that use less water" as one of the ways you can help conserve water this season. Did you know this year is one of the driest recorded in Texas since 1957? Predictions are that more than two-thirds of the state may be under persistent drought donditions through October. Conserving water keeps a bad situation from becoming worse.
Here are some other ways that you can help:
- Water your lawn no more than twice a week and only during morning hours
- Use drip irrigation instead of spriklers
- Wash full loads of dishes or laundry
- Cut back on washing your vehicle
- Replace old plumbing with water saving fixtures, consider installing a cistern